Music. We can’t survive without it. Neither can movies. They’ll choke to death trying to express ‘it’ without music. I, simply, love scenes where the music has been incorporated exactly. The right song for the right moment. So, here’s my Top Ten List Of Songs Best Incorporated In Movies (Not a list of best songs from movies, but right songs for the right scenes):
10. Music and Lyrics – Way Back into Love Demo (Song Recording)
The hesitations clearly ‘visible’ in the scene and in the song.
9. Walking on Sunshine – High Fidelity (Monday Morning Tape Scene)
Barry ((Jack Black): OK, buddy, uh, I was just tryin’ to cheer us up so go ahead.Put on some old sad bastard music, see if I care.
Rob (John Cusack): I don’t wanna hear old sad bastard music, Barry, I just want something I can ignore.
Barry: Here’s the thing. I made that tape special for today. My special Monday morning for *you*… special.
Rob: Well, it’s fuckin’ Monday afternoon! You should get out of bed earlier!
8. The Bigger The Figure – Igor
Explains exactly what it has to!
7. Se7en – Closer (Opening Credits)
The Godfather of Opening Credits!
6. Born Slippy By Underworld – Trainspotting (Theme Song)
I don’t know, I just like it! It’s Perfect.
5. Dare Devil – My Immortal
“While attending her father’s funeral, Elektra (Jennifer Garner) believes that Matt Murdock (Ben Affleck) is her dad’s murderer and ignores him. Matt, Daredevil, wants to reach out and comfort Elektra but cannot. ‘My Immortal’ plays in the background as the two fail to understand each other.”
4. Matrix – Spybreak By Propellorheads (Lobby Scene)
Bang Bang Bang!
3. Rocky – Gonna Fly Now (Theme Song)
It’s the Rocky Song!
2. Reservoir Dogs – Stuck In The Middle With You
Mr. Blonde: “Can you hear me?”
1. Office Space – Printer Smash Scene [Die Mother Fucker Die]
Just the sheer number of parodies of this scene on YouTube can tell you how legendary this scene is! The frustration of a job hater oozing out of it and the song yelling out the emotions. My mother f’ing favourite.